Friday, October 07, 2011

rainbow jellybeans.

What's the catch serving at an animal shelter when there is so many rejections ahead. Someone once told me "Really, there's no gold in it, why are you doing all this?" Well, truly said, I'm motivated by money, there is no longer any validity for me to contribute anything more.

Looking back, probably what I have done so far had zero contribution to everything there is now. People just came, idea just came out from the sky and puzzle just fall into the right spots. Great! That just fit into my simple life.

I guess what my friend told me was right after all. A shelter ain't a business, if you want to manage it, own it. Put in some economics and you will have one lead bullet to solve many issues that there is. So why all the efforts? Politicians wants quick solution, businessman wants profitable solutions, investors wants secure solution, since there is no political gain, no profit and no gain, wouldn't it be off, or at least keeping my hands dry.

It really kept me thinking for over an week, and I begin to slowly understand why people own their private businesses, why working adults does not like community work, why people like contributing for no reward, and why with all this hoo-ha..

The reason is pretty simple. Because, there jellybeans at the end of the rainbow. Some like sitting on the bench looking at it, some like to find the jellybeans themselves, some like to find the leprechaun instead of the jellybeans, while some just ref it up and get more people looking for either the leprechaun or the jellybeans.

So what's my reason, looking back at first, it would be the leprechaun. There was once a tale of "find the leprechaun, find the smurf", I found my smurf, but it wasn't mine to keep. I remember someone said "Let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they dont, they never were."

Will my smurf ever be mine, only time will tell....



so here's some jellybeans..