Wednesday, November 03, 2010

hungry for jobs

I still wanna be a creative!
Still scouring for job and I did the usual one which bragging on jobstreet.com, hoping that I can find a right place in the society with the few (thousand) others job seekers. Even before graduate, one need to think about the competition already placed before them. Yes, competition; like it or not we are all f*cked, there is just too many people already and more are coming in. This makes me think of a scene in Shreak 3, where the babies just keep coming.

My resume is pretty much simple with 1 year experience in a data centre working as a donkey and spending few more years in the college as a monkey. Did involve in some ass kicking activities and some dead end jobs in between, and that's about it. (Probably that will not be the best answer that my future employer would wanna see.) I would guess that I might be just one of those few thousands that did the same, just different activities and some might even have a more ass kicking than mine. But how hard was it just to find a job?


The position of lecturers is selling hot, and they are looking for candidates who have professional knowledge and experience in "Entertainment and Exhibition Management", so if you had been working as a project manager and things not moving for you, jumping in to the education line is a good move, especially in college. Having the opportunity to go for college, I learn that Taylor's College girls are known to be one of the few hot ones in town. Mini skirt, long legs, thongs, the party never stops. In fact I do dreamt about being a college lecturer, fooling around educating young minds, enjoy the party interacting with the students, and to organize some kick ass activities that life will never be the same. But probably not because organization wants professionalism and subculture should be kept as "known problems but part of life" issues.


If I can't be an ad man, maybe a comm man will be good. Yes its comm for communications, not con. Comm man seems to be more competitive than the others, simply because it is just a simple task to bring one's word across. Over 100 for a communications officer in running for mercy malaysia and over 200 for a PR executive for a shopping complex. Heck?!

I mean, WTF guys. Not WTF to those applicants but WTF to those company, such force is good to build WOM. If I were the marketing guy of Mercy, I will channel those force in sending the mission statement out, do some in-branding and collaborate with the society to break the spiral of silence, conduct a strategic networking program and merge it with gurilla force and spread the wonder of humanitaries. If I were in MidValley City, heck you got twice the force of those in Mercy, and think of the impossibilites that can be done. Do really see a waste if such resources are not being used.

Job hunting/ serching/ scavanging might be the worst thing that you ever faced in building a career. Probably the wosrt is NOT not manage to find a job, but the process of it, where you got turn down that you are out of the league, you begin to see that your savings dropped everytime you went for an interview and time spend waiting and wasted in the process. To prevent all these, it is common that one stays with a company, until they find another nest and then only dropped the bomb that they are leaving.

Gone were those days when you can smile and chat freely with your employers that you are about the leave and tell them about your plans in the future. I wonder why can't people do that anymore. Maybe I will find the answer when I quit my job next time.